Monday, June 13, 2016

#NoProjects are needed for software development - Prioritize MMF based on multi-dimensional analysis (value, risk and cost of delay)

#NoProjects are needed for software development. Prioritize MMF based on multi-dimensional analysis (value, risk and cost of delay) instead.

I was tempted to share why I think that Projects in software development kill value rather than bring value but before posting I did my homework and I found that somebody wrote about it before.

Prioritization should be about selecting the minimal marketable features (MMF) that bring the biggest value, minimize the cost of delay and/or are bigger risk reducers (what I call multi-dimensional analysis). It should be done continuously just as software should be shipped. Accepting a big effort as more profitable than focusing on MMF delivery is a mistake. The devil is *always* in the details.

No comments:

Followers